A quick guide to Arms Cartel (unofficial)

Everything about Arms Cartel by Pixel Addicts

A quick guide to Arms Cartel (unofficial)

Postby rekabkram » Tue Jan 03, 2012 9:48 pm

Here’s are quick run through of various aspects of the game, if any one finds this information to be misleading or in accurate then please let me know so that I can adjust it accordingly and if anyone has any questions then please let me know.

First and foremost a big thank you to Pixel addicts for making a great game I strongly encourage people to purchase gold or a gold card to help support them and keep this game running and an apology for any grammatical or spelling errors.

Getting Started –

There are three main sources of income in the game; Doing Jobs, Attacking Rival cartels and My City.
Doing Jobs is in most cases the main income source for the majority of players where as it is much harder to make large sums of money by attacking rival cartels and My City because it takes a lot of money to get these up and running.

Links to parts of this guide -
Doing Jobs
Skills
Cartel Size and Weapons/Protection/Vehicles
My City
FAQ

I intend to update this whenever possible, if you have any further questions or information that you feel could help this guide then please let me know.
Last edited by rekabkram on Sat Jan 07, 2012 7:27 am, edited 3 times in total.
rekabkram

Doing Jobs

Postby rekabkram » Tue Jan 03, 2012 9:49 pm

Doing Jobs:
When doing jobs you need to consider what your main goal is by doing them. Do you want to complete the Country to get the Reward Weapon? Do you want to use experience to gain levels? Or would you prefer to make the most money possible?

Doing each of these really depends on your level and what you are aiming to do, for example if you are after short term gains in buying weapons to defeat some of the cartels around you then making money may well seem like the best solution whereas there is much more money to be made at higher levels so if you stick to gaining the maximum experience although not immediately rewarding you can easily make up for that when you are a higher level.

I will later complete this section with a current list of the most profitable and experience giving jobs although it is entirely up to the user and their skills settings to determine which will most benefit their character. For now though this is the current method that I'm using and I'm finding it to be quite effective (albeit this is aimed at high level players who likely follow a very similar if not identical method).

Go to Cuba and do the job 'Re-Route Cargo Ships' - It pays average money but you get 16 experience for 10 energy, be careful with your experience there's no point in wasting any at all. If you are simply going through levels with extra energy then you are wasting your levels as you could be earning loads of extra money. Do 'Kidnap Supreme Court Judge' - It's pay is far better than 'Re-Route Cargo Ships' so as long as the 13 experience for 12 energy is enough to get you through the level do it.
Last edited by rekabkram on Sat Jan 07, 2012 9:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
rekabkram

Skills

Postby rekabkram » Tue Jan 03, 2012 9:51 pm

Skills:
There are 5 different skill sets in Arms Cartel they are Attack, Defense, Health, Energy and Stamina.

Attack – Increases your strength when attacking cartels, this skill is ONLY beneficial to lower level players with small amounts of equipment/Cartel Size and in my opinion you are much better off spending your points on Health, Energy or Stamina.
Defense – Increases your defense when against Rival cartels, again this skill is ONLY beneficial to lower level players with small amounts of equipment/Cartel Size and in my opinion you are much better off spending your points on Health, Energy or Stamina.
Health – Increases your max health, this can be beneficial but mainly to higher level players who have more than the standard 10 stamina.
Energy – In my opinion the most beneficial stat to the majority of players that are earning most of their money from jobs and not from attacking rival cartels.
Stamina – Increases max to attack rival cartels, this stat is very important for the mid to high levels (and above)not as important early in the game. NOTE IMPROVING STAMINA TAKES TWO SKILL POINTS whereas all other skills take one to improve.
rekabkram

Cartel Size and Weapons/Protection/Vehicles

Postby rekabkram » Tue Jan 03, 2012 9:53 pm

Cartel Size and Weapons/Protection/Vehicles:

When attacking rival cartels and when you are being attacked your cartel size is very important. Each cartel member can use one of your weapons, protection and vehicles when you attack or are attacked on your behalf. But don’t forget to use your cartel members there is no point in having 3000 Cartel Size if you only have 300 weapons, protection and vehicles.
Don’t forget that you do not have to buy the best possible weapons, while they may be higher specs if you have 100 cartel members that aren’t attacking/defending for you then you are better off wielding all or most of them with lower stat weapons then spending the same amount of money and giving a couple of them a higher spec. For example:

You have 100 cartel members without weapons/protections/vehicles and $100,000 to spend.
You could either buy;
1 RPG Weapon giving 24 Attack/ 9 Defense ($100,000) or
1 Anti-Tank Missile giving 14 Attack/ 18 Defense ($100,000) or
1 Armored SUV giving 5 Attack/ 8 Defense ($88,000).
Or you could by many lower stat and priced items that would have a much greater benefit. For example:
62 Brass Knuckles giving 4 Attack/ 1 Defense each ($49,600) total – 248 Attack/ 62 Defense
63 Stun Guns giving 2 Attack/ 3 Defense each ($50,400) total – 126 Attack/ 189 Defense
For a total of 374 Attack/ 251 Defense for the same $100,000.

As I said above cartel size is very important in this game it's no suprise that the strongest players in the game aren't just the richest but also quite often have 3500+ cartel!
The best way to gain cartel members is to get your number seen, so go through the top cartels and post your number, also go through the attack menu and post your number on theirs aswell. It's equally important to invite large amounts of people, again the best way to do this is going through the top cartels list as the people posting on their pages are active.
Don't forget to post your code on your own wall whenever your online.

One simple request from a player that gets a huge amount of posts, I encourage any and all players to post their codes on my wall but please refrain from being obscene and don't spam. 1 message is enough and multiple messages are just annoying.
Last edited by rekabkram on Fri Jan 06, 2012 11:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rekabkram

My City

Postby rekabkram » Tue Jan 03, 2012 10:07 pm

My City:

The My City area can be very helpful for players that utilize it wisely, think about how long you play for and at what times during the day and purchase accordingly.

It is my strong advice that you start as early as possible on improving your city, it is a vital source of income particularly at higher levels, at the bottom of this section I have included my recommendations on which are the best buildings and which aren’t if you can’t find the time to read the whole section then that may be more beneficial to you.
The current buildings in My City are –

Weapon Storage – Base cost of $1,000 which goes up by $100 for every weapon storage (for example the first is $1,000, the tenth $2,000 and the hundredth $11,000) for each building you gain $195 every 15 minutes. This is a great building to start with as it will return very quickly and in no time at all you will have made your money back, it is beneficial to all levels as while it gets more and more expensive each time you are making money back on it very quickly. So if you find yourself with money to burn then this is a very good building to use it on if you are on several times a day or for extended periods.

Gas Station – Base cost of $5,000 which goes up by $500 for every Gas Station (the first is $5,000, the tenth $10,000 and the hundredth $55,000) for each building you gain $260 every 20 minutes. Another good building to start with as it gives decent returns not as good as the weapon storage for cost relative to returns but keep in mind that the weapon storage's returns will be better than this until the 50th one, so while it may be better off in the long run when starting stick to the weapon storage.

Sushi Restaurant – Base cost of $60,000 which goes up by $6,000 for every Sushi Restaurant (the first is $60,000 the tenth $120,000 and the hundredth $660,000) for each building you gain $2,600 every 2 hours. An average building to own and very comparable to the Diner, decent payout for a decent price but nothing special.

Diner –Base cost of $85,000 which goes up by $8,500 for every Diner (the first is $85,000 the tenth $170,000 and the hundredth $935,000) for each building you gain $3,250 every 2 hours. An average building to own and very comparable to the Sushi Restaurant, decent payout for a decent price but nothing special.

Night Club – Base cost of $2,000,000 which goes up by $200,000 for every Night Club (the first is $2,000,000 the tenth $4,000,000 and the hundredth $2,200,000) for each building you gain $65,000 every 5 hours. Great payouts although very expensive for lower levels, keep in mind though that this is a good investment especially for people who don’t play too regularly as the bigger payout over more time is much more worthwhile than small and regular payouts.

High Rise Condo – Base cost of $400,000 which goes up by $40,000 for every High Rise Condo (the first is $400,000 the tenth $800,000 and the hundredth $4,400,000) for each building you gain $7,150 every 3 hours. Waste of money, you would have to have ~50 diners and sushi restaurants to warrant buying even one.

Mansion – Base cost of $3,000,000 which goes up by $300,000 for every Mansion (the first is $3,000,000 the tenth $6,000,000 and the hundredth $33,000,000) for each building you gain $13,000 every hour. Much better off saving for Luxury Spa Resorts, head back to these mansions if you have 6 or more Luxury Spa Resorts already and are on regularly enough to make use of the hourly payouts.

Luxury Spa Resort – Base cost of $5,000,000 which goes up by $500,000 for every Luxury Spa Resort (the first is $5,000,000 the tenth is $10,000,000 and the hundredth $55,000,000) for each building you gain $325,000 every 12 hours. A great investment, the first to give large remuneration a must have once you can afford it.

Office Building – Base cost of $20,000,000 which goes up by $2,000,000 for every Office Building (the first is $20,000,000 the tenth is $40,000,000 and the hundredth $220,000,000) for each building you gain $650,000 every 8 hours. A good paying building but quite costly compared to the Luxury Spa Resort, worthwhile once you’ve purchased ~10 Luxury Spa Resorts already.

Private Airport – Base cost of $30,000,000 which goes up by $3,000,000 for every Private Airport (the first is $30,000,000 the tenth is $60,000,000 and the hundredth $330,000,000) for each building you gain $780,000 every 9 hours. As with the Office building this is a good paying building but quite costly once you’ve started buying Office Buildings these are worthwhile investments.

Dock – Base cost of $40,000,000 which goes up by $4,000,000 for every Dock (the first is $40,000,000 the tenth is $80,000,000 and the hundredth $440,000,000) for each building you gain $1,040,000 every 10 hours. If you’ve got the money and you’ve already spent up of Luxury Spa Resorts, Office Buildings and Private Airport’s then this is the next logical step.

Skyscraper – Base cost of $100,000,000 for each building you gain $1,300,000 every 16 hours. Only worthwhile if you are absolutely loaded, no player in the game has spent enough on their city to warrant purchasing a Skyscraper yet (although some have) you would have to already have 22 docks for it to be worthwhile.

So what buildings should you buy? Without specific knowledge of your situation (level, available cash and how regularly you play) it is difficult for me to give a definitive answer to which buildings best suit you, this is my method and it’s currently returning over $50,000,000 a day for me.

Pump money into the Weapons Storage and Gas Station, these are great sources of income. The Night Club and The Luxury Spa Resorts are great pickups too even with their longer payout times, once you’ve got quite a few weapons storage's and gas stations (a few dozen of each) then a couple of sushi restaurants and diners will make for a good pickup. Avoid High Rise Condo’s and Skyscrapers unless you’ve already got a decent amount of all other buildings as they are money pits without good enough payouts. Once you’ve got a few Luxury Spa Resorts then start looking into Office Buildings, Private Airports and Docks, after around half a dozen of each the mansion will begin to be worthwhile.
Last edited by rekabkram on Sat Jan 07, 2012 9:27 am, edited 3 times in total.
rekabkram

Faq

Postby rekabkram » Tue Jan 03, 2012 10:08 pm

FAQ:
I’ve got 50 gold from sharing on Facebook, but now the 50 gold is gone.

What has happened to several people (including myself) is once you've received the 50 gold and you've re opened the app the box has popped up about the mystery item. If it hasn't been 5 days and you click get mystery item (which costs 50 gold) then you have accidentally spent your gold.
The developers have said that they are going to remedy this in the next update with a verification box asking 'are you sure you wish to purchase this it will cost 50gold'.

I've just been to the hospital and I have health yet when I try to fight the box comes up saying I don't have enough health.

There can be a delay in some of the information coming up on your screen, you have likely been attacked since restoring your health. Close arms cartel and re open it and your correct health should be displayed.

Why do I have negative health?

This is the result of being hit listed multiple times, a visit to the hospital will restore your health or it will regain over time unless you are attacked again (after your health regains past 26) or you are hitlisted again.

What does an arms cartel gold card do?

Your standard stamina, energy and health will regain at 3 minutes each. A arms cartel gold card instead has them regaining at 2 minutes each, this may seem small but over the course of a day that means 720 stamina, energy and health instead of 480. (Assuming you use it before it maxes out)

I'm constantly being attacked and loosing loads of money whenever I'm doing jobs

Before you start your jobs attack other cartels until you have less than 26 health, this doesn't stop you from being hitlisted but it will minimize how often you get attacked. If you find yourself getting hitlisted then bank as often as practical. Yes it costs 10% from banking but if you are attacked and are defeated then you lose just under 10% each time.

How much are the guys on the all time list worth?

Not sure if this will be updated in the future but you may have wondered how much the guys that have negative or gone back to positive. Once you pass $2,150,000,000 the money flips and turns negative working backwards. A quick example:
Less than 2,150,000,000 is exactly as it seems
-2,000,000,000 is 2,150,000,000 plus 150,000,000 so 2.3billion
After you cross back through 0 and get say
1,000,000 - it's 2,150,000,000 plus 2,150,000,000 plus 1,000,000,000 meaning 5,300,000,000.

If you have any other questions then please pm me.
Last edited by rekabkram on Tue Jan 10, 2012 6:47 pm, edited 4 times in total.
rekabkram

Saved for futher additions

Postby rekabkram » Tue Jan 03, 2012 10:08 pm

Saved for further additions
rekabkram

Re: A quick guide to Arms Cartel (unofficial)

Postby sdws » Wed Jan 04, 2012 6:10 am

rekabkram, that's awesome.

Sticky topic for that :).
sdws
Site Admin

Postby Lejis » Wed Jan 04, 2012 9:37 am

Nice post. Thanks for the help.
Com. Vermelho - 4F0504D30
Lejis

Postby MSTRKRFT » Wed Jan 04, 2012 12:13 pm

Nice guide from a top player. Thanks for sharing your knowledge and from your experience. Looking forward to your updates. Staff, feel free to add ;) Haha.
MSTRKRFT

Next

Return to Arms Cartel iOS